Skip to main content

Jason Mraz Buttercup

I picked this particular video because it involves 2 favorites of mine--the song "Build Me Up Buttercup" and Jason Mraz, an entertaining musician and performer. I'm not really sure why I like this song so much, but I do. In fact, it's my ringtone on my cell phone.

In any case, I haven't had much experience using YouTube for any academic endeavors. I don't have any experience using in a teaching capacity since I just completed my undergraduate work here at Coe in Philosophy and Religion. I think though YouTube could be beneficial once I get to assist in the Service Learning 101 courses this fall. It seems that students today respond well to videos and other forms of media in the classroom. My professor for Buddhist Thought occasionally showed us YouTube videos related to whatever our current topic within Buddhism was. It was beneficial to see some of the complex issues we were discussing in a visual form rather than simply reading about it. I would never solely rely on a video from YouTube for academic purposes, but I do think that some videos may have a worthwhile place in classroom as it did in my Buddhist Thought course.

In terms of uploading my own videos, that certainly has never happened. I don't generally take any video footage. I am more of a photography kind of girl. Perhaps one day I will get into making videos. As for now, I am content to just snap some photos every now and again.

Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you are a nerd and take school a little too seriously when...

So I had a bit of a minor revelation today about my love/possible obsession with school today while setting up my new (functional) printer and testing it out. Here is some background info on the revelation: In case you didn't hear, I decided to pursue my Masters of Divinity degree at McCormick Theological Seminary beginning this month. As of now, I am about 2 weeks into classes as a seminary student. Additionally, as some of you know, I have often said that I think the ideal job for me would be to be able to get paid to take classes at colleges and universities around the world. At the end of each term, I would critique the overall class experience and provide extensive feedback for the instructors on ways to improve their courses and better reach their students. Awesome--I know!!! Listed below are the top ways I realized you should know you take school seriously. See what you think! Your desk is about 3 times larger than your kitchen table. (See picture for proof) You are willi...

Reflections on seminary, my call, and interfaith dialogue

So first of all, hello! I know it has been ages since I have written!  I suppose I felt at a bit of a loss as to what to write about, and I wasn't really certain that anyone was reading.  However, I have a question that was posed to me today that is weighing heavily on my mind that I would like to put out there in the hope that it will trigger thoughts and conversations of value in others (and hopefully with me).   I am in the midst of my second year of seminary as a Masters of Divinity student. I came to seminary with the idea that I would not be pursuing a traditional ministry path in the parish, which I still have no intention of doing.  I do not feel as though this is where God is calling me or where my strengths are.  However, I did come to seminary with the (what now seems crazy) notion that I should pursue homeless and hunger ministry options because of my work as an AmeriCorps VISTA member and the experiences I had at a local homeless shelter during my ...

Approaching the finish line

15 days. That is all that is left of my VISTA year (including weekends). Where has the time gone? In some ways it seems just like yesterday that I attended PSO (Pre-Service Orientation) in Lombard, Illinois before officially starting as a VISTA (volunteer in service to America). I have spent the last 11+ months volunteering/working as an Iowa Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTA in the Office of Service-Learning and Campus Engagement at Coe College (long title, I know). It's hard to believe I have just a few weeks left. So much has changed in the last 11 months--personally, professionally, academically, etc. I came into this position knowing that I had not fully completed my education. I think I have known from a young age that I would be going to grad school. I just didn't know what degree I would be pursuing. Philosophy? Religion? Student Affairs? Seminary? I think it is quite possible that I considered all of those and several others during my time here at Coe. Choosing wha...