Skip to main content

Observations on the Day

Howdy hey there!

So I realize it's been quite awhile since I've written. I guess I just haven't felt inspired to write about anything lately. Today that changed...

Here are a collection of random thoughts for the day
  1. It is super freakin' fanstastically awesome when you find that someone has dug your car out of the 1 1/2 feet of snow that surrounded it! Thank you Verlyn!!! You are a rockstar at life!
  2. It is also fantabulous when that same person lets your dog ride shotgun in their snow plow after she invites herself in for a ride!
  3. People who live in your building should not steal your favorite pink and green socks from laundry and then wear them around the building (especially when there are only 8 girls in the building). It's just not cool! I now have 2 incomplete pairs of socks. I refuse to wear one pink sock and one green sock. They need to match!!!
  4. Students should not walk around a common area in only their boxes that are literally falling apart. Being connected to the waist band in only 3 spots means it is time to buy some new ones!
  5. Cuddling with your dog on a cold snowy day = pure bliss! The only way it would be better was if Eliot was here too!
  6. Don't take a shower with your bf and sing at the top of your lungs. It scares the other residents.
  7. We should all have the guts to take a stand for the major issues in our society that we are passionate about. Thank you, Tyler, for teaching me that! It might be frightening, but our actions are bigger than us.
  8. My Italian host mother is the best host mother I could have ever asked for. More than a year later, we still exchange emails and gifts. I love that lady!!!
While these may be some random thoughts, for some reason or other these struck me as profound. I hope you enjoyed my random insights into life today!

Live life to the fullest!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you are a nerd and take school a little too seriously when...

So I had a bit of a minor revelation today about my love/possible obsession with school today while setting up my new (functional) printer and testing it out. Here is some background info on the revelation: In case you didn't hear, I decided to pursue my Masters of Divinity degree at McCormick Theological Seminary beginning this month. As of now, I am about 2 weeks into classes as a seminary student. Additionally, as some of you know, I have often said that I think the ideal job for me would be to be able to get paid to take classes at colleges and universities around the world. At the end of each term, I would critique the overall class experience and provide extensive feedback for the instructors on ways to improve their courses and better reach their students. Awesome--I know!!! Listed below are the top ways I realized you should know you take school seriously. See what you think! Your desk is about 3 times larger than your kitchen table. (See picture for proof) You are willi...

Reflections on seminary, my call, and interfaith dialogue

So first of all, hello! I know it has been ages since I have written!  I suppose I felt at a bit of a loss as to what to write about, and I wasn't really certain that anyone was reading.  However, I have a question that was posed to me today that is weighing heavily on my mind that I would like to put out there in the hope that it will trigger thoughts and conversations of value in others (and hopefully with me).   I am in the midst of my second year of seminary as a Masters of Divinity student. I came to seminary with the idea that I would not be pursuing a traditional ministry path in the parish, which I still have no intention of doing.  I do not feel as though this is where God is calling me or where my strengths are.  However, I did come to seminary with the (what now seems crazy) notion that I should pursue homeless and hunger ministry options because of my work as an AmeriCorps VISTA member and the experiences I had at a local homeless shelter during my ...

Approaching the finish line

15 days. That is all that is left of my VISTA year (including weekends). Where has the time gone? In some ways it seems just like yesterday that I attended PSO (Pre-Service Orientation) in Lombard, Illinois before officially starting as a VISTA (volunteer in service to America). I have spent the last 11+ months volunteering/working as an Iowa Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTA in the Office of Service-Learning and Campus Engagement at Coe College (long title, I know). It's hard to believe I have just a few weeks left. So much has changed in the last 11 months--personally, professionally, academically, etc. I came into this position knowing that I had not fully completed my education. I think I have known from a young age that I would be going to grad school. I just didn't know what degree I would be pursuing. Philosophy? Religion? Student Affairs? Seminary? I think it is quite possible that I considered all of those and several others during my time here at Coe. Choosing wha...