Skip to main content

Terrible Puns & Bad Jokes: What could be better?

I don't know about you, but I personally am a fan of bad jokes and terrible puns. I can't say that I'm the best at remembering them though. My mother and I are notorious for finding amusement in the jokes and puns that without fail receive collective groans from our family. Yet, we still take delight in them and our shared appreciation for them.

There is one particular joke that sticks out to me. I think it's safe to say that it has been my favorite joke since 8th grade. In fact, I still remember where I was when I first heard it. I was sitting in the cafeteria in middle school surrounded by the other GT kids. One of the girls had a book of jokes and this happened to be one of them. This is the joke.
"Where does King Arthur keep his armies?"
"In his sleevies."
I realize that this probably isn't that funny for the general public, but for whatever reason, I love it. Every time I think of it, I can't help but chuckle. It always puts a smile on my face.

So that leads me to this question, do you have any jokes or puns you find particularly amusing? If so, I would love it if you would share.

Wishing you a day filled with laughter!

Comments

  1. Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Interrupting cow
    Interrupting cow, wh...MOOOO!!

    This joke never ceases to make my seven-year old roll with laughter. Then, of course, we have to repeat it about 15 times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Step up..even if you fail

Unfortunately tragedy has befallen many parts of the world. Climate change is causing extensive damage to many parts of the world. Some places in the United States are being pounded by overwhelming hurricanes.  Other areas are experiencing horrific wildfires. Still other parts of the world are facing earthquakes, droughts, famine, and flooding.  People's homes have been destroyed. Many families and individuals have lost everything they own. It seems reasonable that citizens could look to their government for support and encouragement in the midst of these tragedies. Yet, numerous elected officials in the United States are balking at their responsibility to care for the people, all people, in this country.  It seems that providing assistance to those affected by these tragic circumstances isn't worth their while.   

If the weather catastrophes weren't enough, hate, bigotry, and racism are running rampant all across the United States.  Many of us would like to think, "Th…

God's not going to do it on his/her own

There is a homeless gentleman named Sean who I see quite frequently when I go downtown.  He usually is somewhere on the Magnificent Mile between the Walgreens and Water Tower Place.  I first met Sean with my dear friend, Laura, back in June.  Whenever I see Sean, I try to stop by and say hello.  I don't always have the ability to do more than that.
   A few weeks ago I stopped to say hello to Sean as I do, things were different with him.  He seemed beaten down by his life circumstances. His friendly, jovial disposition was gone. What he said that night has stuck with me and really caused me to think about what we are called to do in this life and who we are to be.
    Sean told me that he was mad at God.  That despite all the prayers he has prayed and all the prayers others have prayed with him and on his behalf, he is still out on the streets.  He went on to say that God is not going to do all the work on his/her own of getting him off the streets.  God calls upon people to ma…